most accurate,most reliable, most risk free, most safe anti-virus program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a virus! Kaspersky cant seem to find it, neither Spybot. What is happening is the virus(es) r closing everything i open, making them not respond, like Windows Explorer, Internet, sidebar, games, etc.

im gonna try to download hijackthislog n make a thread for help, because idk what to do now n last thing i want to do is have Geek Squad look at the computer.

i got a virus! Kaspersky cant seem to find it, neither Spybot. What is happening is the virus(es) r closing everything i open, making them not respond, like Windows Explorer, Internet, sidebar, games, etc.

im gonna try to download hijackthislog n make a thread for help, because idk what to do now n last thing i want to do is have Geek Squad look at the computer.

Have you tried running your virus scan in safe mode?

Have you tried downloading Nod32 (free 30 day trial) and scan with that?

Have you followed Osiris's spyware removal guide or one like it?

Remove any programs that you are unsure of or do not need in add/remove programs.

download and run trojan hunter, spybot s&d and ccleaner etc.

I would reccommend AVG or Avast. I use both on different systems and they are great tools for any internet user.

I wouldn't reccommend Norton, from my experience it is a load of trash

I use Avast... But, If i wanted to be really really safe. I would use Avast and Prevx. It is overall great. I agree with Hawk.12 that Norton isnt all that great.

I have used NOD32 for years and love it. It's a small program and uses minimal resources. Newegg has it frequently for something like $29. AVG has always been a favorite , especially for being free. I also like to run "Housecall" which is a TrendMicro online scan that does quite well , scans viruses , malaware , grayware(etc.) , and is extremely up to date.

My experience with Avira Antivir is that it is a load of junk.

Picked up comboscan as a Trojan
Which a lot of antivirus programs do. Not just Antivir.

and when you try to delete viruses they just remake and then avira pops up again and again like a little yappy dog.
That's what happens when you disable it, and get infected with a virus while it's disabled.
And this happens to a lot of programs when you're only using guard mode.

Have it scanning on read and write, and don't disable it, and you shouldn't have a problem.

But if you do get infected like that, all you have to do is reboot to safe mode, do a full system scan, and don't interrupt it.

Hears one, FF 7, its a backup copy I downlaoded as my ps2 hardly works, the exe get flaged by avg, its not a problem, I just cant seem to fathom why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom