most accurate,most reliable, most risk free, most safe anti-virus program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i get the point. don't use the net.

but if you had to choose, which one would it be?

Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security
Check Point ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
mcAfee
Norton

or other -state name

Avoid those like the plague. Get Nod32 and Sygate.

The best virus protection: Unplug your ethernet or phone line. Voila, you're virus free.

I am sorry to tell you this but you can still be infected without being hooked up to the internet. Virus come in many forms and you can easily be infected through mundane ways, USB Flash Drives, Diskettes, Burned Cds. There is an old quote that goes along the lines of, "You can take your computer, unhook it and stick in a steel safe and I still wouldn't guarantee that you wont be infected."

My suggestion would be Antivir. I used this almost every day cleaning viruses off of customers computers with no problems. My record so far is over 13,000 virus that Norton missed on one computer.

As for the risk free there is no such thing. If you get infected, the anti virus software you use will not care what the files is. If its infected its gone, be it a n OS file or a Document.

The best thing is just to find a good anti virus that you like and trust , keep it and your OS updated, do weekly scans, and most important watch were you go on the net and what you download. No anti virus can save you from stupidity and carelessness.

I am sorry to tell you this but you can still be infected without being hooked up to the internet. Virus come in many forms and you can easily be infected through mundane ways, USB Flash Drives, Diskettes, Burned Cds. There is an old quote that goes along the lines of, "You can take your computer, unhook it and stick in a steel safe and I still wouldn't guarantee that you wont be infected."
Yes, I know that you can still get viruses from physical media. My point in that line was that if you want "the best" protection, then don't go on the internet. You'll have a helluva lot less chance of getting infected than being connected.

and most important watch were you go on the net and what you download. No anti virus can save you from stupidity and carelessness.
That means stop going to pr0n sites :p.

ok, i get the point. don't use the net.

but if you had to choose, which one would it be?

Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security
Check Point ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
mcAfee
Norton

or other -state name

Check point is crap.
Mcafee is worse crap that will tax your system unnecessarily
Norton is not much better than Mccrappy.

Trend is the best on your list but not that great either.

NOD 32 or Kaspersky or AVG or Avast IMO.

I have experience with all of the above.

<edit>
I am running NOD32 and Comodo Firewall(old version 2.4, new version 3 is buggy) and this is what I have found to be easy on resources and very effective. Zone Alarm is out.

I am running NOD32 and Comodo Firewall(old version 2.4, new version 3 is buggy) and this is what I have found to be easy on resources and very effective. Zone Alarm is out.

Same as what I'm running =). I had 3 on my new system...didn't like it, so I went back to 2.4.

I have nod32 and sygate firewall. can you say "lightweight"? i tried comodo and liked it but i prefer the no nonsense-ness of sygate's. it's great for p2p too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom