most accurate,most reliable, most risk free, most safe anti-virus program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently liking Avira Antivir very much. However. It does come with something called 'Heuristic' scanning techniques, so that it can pick up viruses that aren't yet on it's database. This is enabled by default. I've seen it pick up quite a few false positives.

If you could turn that feature on, and leave the real-time 'Guard' enabled, I reckon you'd have quite a nice app to your specifications there, for free.

Risk free? Probably not, But if you learn how to Use Hijackthis with precision, then I would have to say it is the best.

Though it is not advertised as a Virus scanner/virus protection program, Like I said, you need to know how to use it, and use it well..

The best virus protection: Unplug your ethernet or phone line. Voila, you're virus free.

Of course, if you still want to have internet access...I like Nod32, personally. Very lightweight, but a good program.

The best virus protection: Unplug your ethernet or phone line. Voila, you're virus free.

Of course, if you still want to have internet access...I like Nod32, personally. Very lightweight, but a good program.

This is the best answer. There is no risk free. No where. NOD32 is one of hte best protecting someone when a new Virus is set out there. I have been protected quite a few times. Avast is also great at catching them before they get definations.

But the real answer is dont use the net. That is the only way to be accurate, reliable and risk free. If that isnt what you want to hear sorry. But other than that you will have to take risks.

thank you all
when i said risk free, i should have said that the actual program doesnt install any of it's own garbage
should have specified sorry
so the nod program?

NOD32,Avast, or AVG would be your best bet. I use Avast and have used NOD32 from eset. Great applicaiton.

Even with all this - most accurate,most reliable, most risk free, most safe anti-virus program -

you can still be infected one way or another :cool:

My experience with Avira Antivir is that it is a load of junk.

Picked up comboscan as a Trojan and when you try to delete viruses they just remake and then avira pops up again and again like a little yappy dog.

ok, i get the point. don't use the net.

but if you had to choose, which one would it be?

Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security
Check Point ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
mcAfee
Norton

or other -state name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom