Microsoft Security Essentials Rated Highly In AV-Comparatives Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft Security Essentials Rated Highly In AV-Comparatives Test

Most tech savvy users have their personal favorite when it comes to antivirus software. Be it security software from Kaspersky, Symantec, Trend Micro, AVG, Avira or Avast: Everyone seems to have a favorite that gets recommended to other users who inquire about the best antivirus solution. Lately, Microsoft has joined the ranks of recommended antivirus solutions with its security software Microsoft Security Essentials.
The latest test by independent security researchers AV-Comparatives is another confirmation that Microsoft has developed a solid security software for the Windows operating system. The latest test concentrated on virus and malware removal capabilities of selected free and commercial antivirus products.

None of the products performed "very good" in malware removal or removal of leftovers, based on those 10 samples. eScan, Symantec and Microsoft (MSE) were the only products to be good in removal of malware AND removal of leftovers.
Look at that Microsoft rated higher than some of the better known ones. The full list of ratings:

Advanced+:

eScan, Symantec, Microsoft, F-Secure, Kaspersky, Bitdefender

Advanced:

Eset, Sophos, AVG, McAfee, Avast, AVIRA, Trustport

Standard:

Norman, G DATA

Tested:

Kingsoft

There is even a little side note. It says that Microsoft OneCare would have scored Advanced not Advanced Plus.

All this information can be found via this PDF file from the site. Guess that MSE is pretty good considering it scored higher than even Eset on this test.

I had Trend Micro under Vista, but since there was compatibility issues according to the Windows Upgrade Assistant, I uninstalled TM and downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials, mostly based on the good things I have been hearing about it and thought it would be worth a try.

Hey dont take our word for it. This is a independent review. It is from a company that doesnt have any ties to any one of the major AV companies. Yeah i back MSE now cause i have found it to be worth backing. Just as i backed Avast previously cause i loved that. But since MSE came out, i have switched. :p

I like MSE. Simple, clean, and effective. It's all you'd need. Installed it on everybody's computer I know. I would put it on mine but I still have a year left with NOD32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom