microsoft security essentials pop up

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i was surfing around this morning waiting for the weater to warm up. and out of the blue, this pop up screen came up it said that there were serious security treats that needed to be, i am not sure, fixed, removed, something. there was no magic button to click to fix them, so ???? it said the following were found,
trojan-psw.win32launch,
hacktoolwin32/weievatea,
adwarewin32.fraud.
i have no idea if these are actual nasty tings, or if this was some kind of cruel joke, or ???????? this is the part of having a computer that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. mostly because i have no idea what is real, and what is a hoax. if there had been a shortcut to another website offering to remove them for $19.95, i would have figured it was a hoax. but there was not. i think i have seen microsoft security essential in the program list in this computer, but i have never done anything with it. i tried to jot down the web address at the top of the page. it may be correct, but there was so many odd things, it probably is not. jxzohstga.servebeer.com/index.phpc=raenojeayd some of the letters were capitolized, but not sure which ones. there may have been more characters, i did not think about trying to scroll over until after i left there. when the screen poped up, i disconnected the ethernet cord, and ran the avast anti virus, the superantispyware program, and malwarebytes all at the same time. the only thing that turned up anything was superantispyware with something like 128 threats. which is not unusual. i have not turned off my computer yet. i am afraid if i do, it may not fire back up. does ANYONE have a good idea if my machine has been bitten by a venomous snake so to speak? should i figure on taking it to a computer place asap?

ok, i went and looked at the webpage in the first link, to download the AFT cleaner. of course! my machine runs windows vista! why wouldn't it. the instructions, to me, are rather confusing. and of course i use firefox rather than i.e., because i was told it was a safer browser. so i am off to close out of firefox, and find the eset scanner in i.e. i will post again after doing that.

well, the ESET ran, but showed nothing. i run C Cleaner every night before putting my system to sleep, and run the superantisyware at least twice a week, more often if i suspect anything. so i hope thre is no problem. THANK YOU very much Joe C for the help. i really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom