Microsoft Security Essentials Now A Windows Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
Microsoft is adding Microsoft Security Essentials to Windows Update as a Optional update. No word yet on when or if the update will ever be a required update. Some companies has complained saying if this is a required update Microsoft would be cornering the market on Anti-Virus. Companies are also saying this could reek havoc on the personal computer since the user might already have an anti-virus installed. Most users have Windows Update set to Automatic so again this could be a very bad thing for the unbeknown user. We will have to wait and see how this plays out in the near future.

Rival calls foul over Microsoft's delivering Security Essentials via Windows Update - Computerworld

They may wanna be careful doing this, as of now, a lot of software disables the windows defender service for some kinda incompatibility reason. I would hate to see what Microsoft installed software would do to the AV software, I know some AV software enjoys locking a system down if it ends up being disabled.

MSE disables Defender as well. But this is only cause the MSE engine for detecting the same objects as Defender is much more advanced. It is pointless to have MSe and Defender on at the same time as MSE does what Defender does plus more. So that aspect isnt something to worry about. But the dual AV aspect is. But i am sure that there will be something included notifying users that there is another protection software installed and it should be removed first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom