Mic problems: Spanish guy

CompT

Baseband Member
I have a problem with my mic. My voice isn't being transmitted and when I test my mic, I hear a spanish guy talking, and my PC is picking that up! SUPER WEIRD PLZ HELP IS SOMEONE HACKING MY PC?

I would say there is spam ware on it some place, Even if in Spanish does it sound like a advertisement or is it more of a person having a conversation, If advertising you probably have something running in the background with a Spanish advertisement running and it stays hidden so you can't shut it down.

Let's start with the basics and make sure that you don't have any malware.

Firstly, run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware (the Free version is fine, you don't need to activate the Pro trial). Scan with it, delete whatever it finds, reboot and post the log here. Download it from here:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/
Secondly, run a scan with AdwCleaner. Same as above, scan with it, delete what it finds, post the log file here. Download from here:
AdwCleaner Download
Thirdly, run a scan with HiJackThis. Run it as Admin, pick the "scan and generate log" option, and then post the logfile here. Do NOT remove ANYTHING unless told to do so, as removing the wrong entry can damage your system. Download it from here:
HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

@Dauntae You mean a tab? I've closed out every tab except for my recording. I have tried different programs and sites so I'm sure it's not the program. It's not a conversation, it's more like a spanish guy giving a never-ending speech.

@Dauntae You mean a tab? I've closed out every tab except for my recording. I have tried different programs and sites so I'm sure it's not the program. It's not a conversation, it's more like a spanish guy giving a never-ending speech.

Please run the scans I suggested so we can rule out malware.

I think Dauntae is right and do as Carnage suggests and run the scans for spamware/ malware..

Try uninstalling the "Mic testing software" you have installed and download and install PassMark SoundCheck - Download software to test your PC sound card. try testing your mic again. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom