McAfee to the rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Here's how my day went so far.

Started Spybot, found the usual DSOExploit, 5 entries, like always.

Started and updated Adaware, right off the bat, AVG found a virus, then another and another and another, all in Lavasoft's folder. It tells me to scan with AVG to get rid of the virus'. I abort Adaware and scan with AVG, found nothing. Thinking that the virus' must have been delt with when AVG's window popped open, I start Adaware again. Found virus'.

Abort adaware and close AVG, I download Avast.

I start Avast and reboot. Avast runs the boot scan, found and deleted two files. After boot, I update and run Avast again, found many infected files but, failed to clean/delete them.

Uninstall both AVG and Avast, screw them.

Reinstall McAfee, Update, can't install their firewall because I'm running Zonealarm, which is great and does it's job fairly well.

Run McAfee, finds three virus' deletes them all succesfully on first attempt.

Run Adaware one last time, finds one thing and no problems.

Anyone else have problems with these oh-so-great AVG and Avast programs?

uv been having wierd stuff with avast, but that just my pc, lol. its works fine usually. i just messed around too much

TheMajor said:
no problems with avast...u can select "remove at reboot" when avast finds a virus.

i would format

I would love to format, only after i have a reliable backup device. My DVD burner right now sucks, I'm saving up for a Plextor, but since no one has a job right now, it might be next year before we can do anything like that. :(

don't u use partitions? its very useful if u need to format. Just copy everything to another partition adn format the windows partition

I never knew that. I have a partition for XP and one for my files and such. I just though that when you format, you lose your partitions and the whole drive formats.

no, u only loose the data wich is stored on the partition you are formatting, for example if u format c:, u won't loose anything on d:

that's impossible unless u are using "dynamic drive"
(not supported in XP-Home Edition)

Weird...maybe one of these partitions is unallocated
start disk manager from start/settings/computermanagement and tell me how it looks or post a screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom