Is McAefe Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spork 2.0

In Runtime
I recently received an e-mail from Comcast about receiving a complimentary copy of the McAfee VirusScan, Personal Firewall Plus, and Privacy Service.

Currently, I use Norton Corporate Gold. I don't see much point in changing that, it works great and I've never been infected. However, I was curious if I should get rid of Sygate Personal Firewall (The Free Version) and use McAfee's Firewall.

If there isn't any vast improvement or benefits to using it, I'll stick with Sygate, but I just wanted some second opinions.

bradybnmci said:
The best Anti-Virus you can get.... Is an educated user.
: P

Truer words were never spoken.

But getting back to my original post, my Sygate just went south. VERY south. It kept giving me errors on startup and now it won't let me install it again. It says (Install Service Failed. Reboot your computer and try again), anyone know of a way to fix this problem?

wow.. u payed for norton.. im going to go cry now.. and i know i dis norton and symantec alot.. but even the people who like symantec hate norton... :(
im going to go cry now...
(btw... mcafee , if anything like its AV, sucks....)

Static_11 said:
wow.. u payed for norton.. im going to go cry now.. and i know i dis norton and symantec alot.. but even the people who like symantec hate norton... :(
im going to go cry now...
(btw... mcafee , if anything like its AV, sucks....)

Actually I got it from work. They let you put it on any computer you work on, and all the computers in the network too.

I use Windows AntiSpyware (used to be Big software...bought by MSFT), never had a problem with spyware. Even with that dreaded AURORA spyware (I hated that!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom