may have been hacked???

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol yes it is a legal version of windows.and for better protection. i dont use any antivirus programs cause they slow your computer down... at least they do for me. the only thing i did was use a program to change the windows boot logo. is that the file you are talking about?

You have 8GB of DDR3 RAM and a Quad Core CPU. There is no way you would ever notice a performance hit from a good anti-virus program. You are talking nano seconds which cant be distinguished by the human eye. Sorry but I dont notice a perfomance hit with having a Quad and half the RAM. No way you can with having twice the RAM and a Quad. The only programs that would even get close to showing a performance hit with that type of system is Norton or McAfee. Anything decent like Avast, AVG or MSE wouldnt give you a noticeable hit.

Plus even if it did, wouldnt that be something you would WANT? I mean look at your log. The Other Deletions area. There are 41 infections. Wouldnt a small performance hit be worth it to not have 41 infections and have your browser be hijacked? Sorry but your logic is only working against you on this one.

You need MSE or Avast installed. I use MSE myself. But you need to make sure your system is clean as well. I havent seen this many infections on a machine in this area in a long time. At most there is one or 2. I have seen 5 at one time. I have not seen double digits in almost 2 years. That is not a good sign. You need to take security a bit more seriously.

You have 8GB of DDR3 RAM and a Quad Core CPU. There is no way you would ever notice a performance hit from a good anti-virus program. You are talking nano seconds which cant be distinguished by the human eye. Sorry but I dont notice a perfomance hit with having a Quad and half the RAM. No way you can with having twice the RAM and a Quad. The only programs that would even get close to showing a performance hit with that type of system is Norton or McAfee. Anything decent like Avast, AVG or MSE wouldnt give you a noticeable hit.

Plus even if it did, wouldnt that be something you would WANT? I mean look at your log. The Other Deletions area. There are 41 infections. Wouldnt a small performance hit be worth it to not have 41 infections and have your browser be hijacked? Sorry but your logic is only working against you on this one.

You need MSE or Avast installed. I use MSE myself. But you need to make sure your system is clean as well. I havent seen this many infections on a machine in this area in a long time. At most there is one or 2. I have seen 5 at one time. I have not seen double digits in almost 2 years. That is not a good sign. You need to take security a bit more seriously.
went ahead and bought avg full and it scanned my whole computer and found 0 threats

Yeah I imagine it would since Combofix already found and removed 41. ;) I would hope that nothing else would be found after that.

Yeah I imagine it would since Combofix already found and removed 41. ;) I would hope that nothing else would be found after that.

lol i really appreciate all of your help :) i guess i was so use to my ols p4 being bogged down by anti virus software i didnt even bother using it with my new build.

Okay Windows 7 firewall may moniter outgoing and incoming things but it doesn't mean it will stop them. It is VERY easy to get past Windows security. All you have to do is go in through email and insert a backdoor or go through the network or another one of the 1000 ways to get into Windows. You NEED to get a third party security system if you are running Windows and gonna be on the internet (I would reccomend Norton 360, it is the best out right now). That is able to scan files and programs etc. coming into your computer from the code (so that if something says that it is a document but is coded to be a virus Norton will catch it). Most hacker and virus makers make them off of patterns and learned codes allowing companies like Symantec to catch on to those patterns and stop them. There will be those ones that make their own super code that no one has seen yet but they usually won't just run something that complicated on a random guy's computer. It may not have been a live hack but was certainly a virus. Norton also filters too, so like if you are trying to get a PDF file witha trojan attached it will take away the trojan and give you a clean PDF (I do that with videos and stuff). If you don't want to spend much than Avast Free Antivirus was voted the best by PC World magazine and will keep you safer than Microsoft Security Essentials and is certainly better than nothing, but if you are willing to spend some extra money, Norton 360 will keep you safe.

At the same time though you need to relize if you open the door with 1000 locks for a hacker, I guaruntee you one WILL come in.

You NEED to get a third party security system if you are running Windows and gonna be on the internet

Wrong. I have been using nothing but Windows Firewall since it was first introduced with Vista to have incoming and outgoing monitoring. I have yet to be hacked and yet to get an infection. Nice try but no. All you NEED is common sense and a decent router. That is all, nothing more, nothing less. A 3rd party firewall is NOT needed and I am living proof of that. Over 5 years without a single infection or hack to my system is more than enough proof that a 3rd party firewall is not needed or necessary when running Windows and being on the internet.

Common sense is a better protection than anything. It is very simple to use the Windows Firewall and even more simple to NOT click every single link you ever see. To KNOW what websites you are going to and to make sure that the files you download are safe. Norton nor any 3rd party software can be better protection than the human brain when it is used.

There are websites you can visit to have them check the file for infections before you download them. There is also tools out there like WOT, Site Adviser among many others that will detect a bad site for you as well. These tools can help prevent you from even going to a bad site let alone download a bad file such as your infected PDF files that you talk about. No better defense out there than NEVER allowing it to get on you system. Not even norton can do that.

Thanks for trying to promote the garbage that is Norton 360, but I have shown and will continue to show that my method is far more effective and can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom