Malware/Virus/Spyware related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel054

Beta member
I'm new to this forum, and I did see that we're to use the Guide first when having problems. But I'm not sure my problem is virus/malware/spyware/etc related. It seems like it, but I'd rather have someone's opinion on it before going through everything and find it was for no reason at all. Anyway...

My IE7 stopped working two days ago. I was using it all morning and then out of nowhere, I tried to open the browser and I got this message:

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORER.EXE; program not found

And when I try and use my startup shortcut I get this message:

Windows cannot find '(null)' Make sure you type in the name correctly and try again.

I've opened the file and the .exe file is there, it's just not working. Which leads me to believe that it is an infection problem, but I could be wrong. I've tried to uninstall 7.0 but it's not an option in the Add/Remove programs. I've tried downloading the new 8.0 beta, didn't work. I tried to redownload 7.0, but that did nothing and I've tried system restoring and that hasn't worked. I have AVG and it's not picked up any viruses, i had a few about a month or so ago but no problems since. So if you have any ideas, they'd be appreciated. I've looked through the guide and there's a lot to do, so I'd rather have someone's opinion on whether or not I need to do that first :)

Was the message about IEXPLORE or IEXPLORER?

If it was the latter, then that is an infection. It should just be iexplore.exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom