Malware/spyware question

Hi Then after you use the Nortron uninstalled tool, use Search Everything to find any left over Norton files and delete them!! I guarantee there will be some left behind!
Downloads

Usually the Removal Tool does that job - which is why I suggest it over the normal uninstaller.

Damn I already uninstalled it.. I'll try the tool anyway and see what happens

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Usually the Removal Tool does that job - which is why I suggest it over the normal uninstaller.
Yes sir I hear what you're saying and I agree The tool does a good job, but there will be some files left behind and Serach Everything Will find them and you can delete them. It's a hell of a tool. I've used it for years to clean up after uninstalling programs!;)

Damn I already uninstalled it.. I'll try the tool anyway and see what happens

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Would be a good idea just to make sure.

Yes sir I hear what you're saying and I agree The tool does a good job, but there will be some files left behind and Serach Everything Will find them and you can delete them. It's a hell of a tool. I've used it for years to clean up after uninstalling programs!;)

I've always used Revo Uninstaller in that case - I'm guessing Search Everything is just an alternative to Revo? I've never heard of Search Everything.

Would be a good idea just to make sure.

I've always used Revo Uninstaller in that case - I'm guessing Search Everything is just an alternative to Revo? I've never heard of Search Everything.
No Search everything is not like REVO. Search Everything will find left be-hide files that REVO misses. It's a great tool. You should give it a look. I challenge you to use Search Everything. Type a program name in the search bar of a program you removed, and you will be surprised what gets left be-hind. Here's a example of all the files that get installed when you down load CCleaner. Uninstall it then scan with Search Everything and you will get a big surprise of the files that are still around. If you use it to search for Norton, it will find all the files that the Norton tool missed!!:D

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi! I never used the Hunter mode on REVO. I don't use REVO. I use Wise uninstaller. I used REVO in the past , but found Wise uninstaller and I like it better. You really should check out Search Everything. I think you would like it. Check out my thread I just created about Search Everything !!
Here's the link to Wise Uninstaller!
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/wise_program_uninstaller.html

Last edited:
Yes sir! It's a search utility,but it's a dang good one. The best I have ever used. When you uninstall a program and then search for the left be-hinds; Search Everything will find any thing that's left. Then you can delete them! One of my favorite freeware programs.
Gary!!
PS have you ever uninstalled a program and then tried to reinstall it and have it fail. Well that's mainly because there are files left behind. Search Everything will find those files and you can delete them. Your chances are much better then of getting the program to reinstall. Security programs are good examples.
I've been there and done that! LOL!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom