Malware Crush 3.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imconfused

Baseband Member
my girlfriend's parents asked me to take a look at their family computer tonight. they said today they noticed an icon on their desktop that they didn't put there and there are 2 icons in the taskbar that are associated with this program which i can't find anything on execpt for its main home page. it's almost as if this program doesn't exist because nobody else seems to have heard of it before which worries me. i restarted the computer to see what happened exactly on boot, the program waits until everything else on the system boots, then it pops up that there are unwanted malware on my computer and they need to be removed and then immediately after a box pops up in the middle of the screen and starts scanning the computer (supposedly) and shows a list of what it has found. some things on the list are things like Kazaa and such which normally would make sense, except for the fact that only her rents use the computer and they have never had any programs like Kazaa and such installed on it. i'm sure this is some type of malware or spyware and can't seem to get rid of it. it is in the installed programs list and shows that there is an uninstaller, but when i run it it says the program has been successfully unistalled but yet the taskbar icons remain and the ones on the desktop are just deleted. i also tried to uninstall from add/remove programs in windows with no progress either. finally i went into the registry and did a search on all key associated with "malware, crush, malware crush, and malwarecrush" and deleted them, which seemed to work...until i restarted and they showed up again. all keys had been re-added to the registry and the taskbar icons were back, but the desktop icons weren't back. i'm so confused as to what to do. i've done a scan with mcafee and also with ad-aware and deleted the only things that were found which were a few trackers and what not, nothing out of the ordinary. what should i do? has anybody else heard of this Malware Crush 3.7 or encountered it at all??? any help would be greatly appreciated, both by me and my girlfriend's parents. thanks in advance for any given advice you have!

imconfused, did you figure anything out on the malware crush? I am having the same problem that you are describing.

nope, no luck yet, but i haven't tried too hard yet, it's my gf's rents computer so they don't really use it much and it's not a top priority, but i hope to figure it out soon! post back on here if u figure out a solution please. i will do the same!

I had the same problem with the malware crush, I went through all steps, but nothing worked, so I decided to do a restore to a date I knew the program was not there, bingo, it is gone, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom