Major Trojan Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
Guys, i was browsing the internet last night looking for song lyrics when my AVG started freaking out. I Immediately disconnected my wireless internet but it was too late, more and more notifications from AVG listing Trojans kept coming up. I ran a scan in safe mode last night but it didn't remove anything, because everything is the same this morning. I noticed while the trojans were infecting my computer that malwarebytes had been corrupted or disabled as well as these other symptoms -

Main Symptoms:
1) Malwarebytes won't run or install properly
2) Windows security is completely disabled, can't enable
3) in normal boot, task manager cannot be displayed
4) illegitimate notifications displaying "danger! your computer is infected" keep popping up on the task bar
5) very sluggish, explorer.exe crashes constantly too

What I've Tried (and it's failed):
1) in safe mode, Running/Re-Installing malwarebytes, as well as renaming the exe file to install from, nothing is working..
2) in safe mode, Running AVG scan, hasn't found anything
3) in safe mode, running combofix, as osiris' website suggests, keeps freezing after about 12-15 minutes

I'm about to try to run HiJackThis but i don't have very high hopes for survival. Please help

~Thanks
Jack

Try Trojan Remover
Download Trojan Remover

Can you open msconfig in safemode or even in normal boot and try to disable all the processes that run at startup? If you can stop something from running right off the bat maybe you can get some programs to run properly.

Try Trojan Remover
Download Trojan Remover

Can you open msconfig in safemode or even in normal boot and try to disable all the processes that run at startup? If you can stop something from running right off the bat maybe you can get some programs to run properly.

Yeah i could disable all the run at startup, but i'm afraid to boot into normal because whenever i do everything gets worse. I want to clean as much as i can up in safe mode before i boot normally again. i'll try that trojan remover and get back to you. I'm currently scanning with sophos anti-rootkit right now.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom