Mail Hijacked?

mrnotu

In Runtime
HiYa, I opened my mail today and found 32 failure notices of mail that could not be delivered.:confused: I sent no mail. Some of the adresses are in my contacts and some are not. Has my account been hacked? This is a sample of the emails. All are about the same. I have changed my password anything else?

Attachments

• hacked1.jpg
    hacked1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 7
If your using gmail, when you logged on did gmail report any suspicious activity in your account recently.
Yahoo mail will give out a warning if it spots a different ip address other than yours.

I had a nice long stare at your screen shot, its obvious that its a scammer/hacker is trying to get access in your email accounts.
Best thing you can do for now, make a secure password you remember and move any emails that you dont recognize to spam and flush it out the debris every week.
File a complaint with your email servicer and show them what you have currently.
Check your inbox as I have something I want you to look at personally.

Change your password on a computer that is not one you usually use.

Scan your current computer with MalwareBytes Antimalware and HiJackThis and post the logs.

Thanks for the replys. I am using Yahoo.mail and have had no warnings about my account. I clean out spam daily or try too. Do you think this may be someone that I know? I did log into my account on a friends computer two days before to check things but I did log out and I told it not to remember my password. Maybe his computer is compromised and I opened the door when I used it. I am currently running MalwareBytes and will see what it says. I have 3 more of these failure notices today. I wonder if this is just random hits on me or if I am going to be targeted. I do not like this crap. Thanks

Have you replied to any suspicious emails recently? Or logged into a 2rd party website with the account? Change pass, security questions, etc. and use the security key

read for more info: Security at Yahoo!

If your using gmail, when you logged on did gmail report any suspicious activity in your account recently.
Yahoo mail will give out a warning if it spots a different ip address other than yours.

I had a nice long stare at your screen shot, its obvious that its a scammer/hacker is trying to get access in your email accounts.
Best thing you can do for now, make a secure password you remember and move any emails that you dont recognize to spam and flush it out the debris every week.
File a complaint with your email servicer and show them what you have currently.
Check your inbox as I have something I want you to look at personally.

Change your password on a computer that is not one you usually use.

Scan your current computer with MalwareBytes Antimalware and HiJackThis and post the logs.

Have you replied to any suspicious emails recently? Or logged into a 2rd party website with the account? Change pass, security questions, etc. and use the security key

read for more info: Security at Yahoo!

No I do not open any mail that I do not recognise or know, they go right out with the spam.

I have not been hit for a while so I guess it is out of my system. Did the scans and deleted a few things. Hopefully it is gone. I do think somehow me logging into my mail from my brother-in-laws computer is how I was attacked.

He was possibly infected?

Do not know. I am not that smart about computers. But my inlaw did say he was having trouble with his and it happened right after. Just a 1 + 1 guess is all. Any ideas? And I am not saying mine was infected I am saying his was and got my info from his.

Either:
1. You were infected (probably solved now)
2. You logged in with your account to a phishing site
3. He was infected
4. He logged into a phishing site
5. The FBI is messing with you. (Im kidding.)

Back
Top Bottom