lsass.exe question

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
I read through the threads about this but I have a question still. We have one PC here that lsass.exe uses up all of the CPU. In task manager it's at 98-99% all the time and bogs down the PC. I ran Avast and it was clean. Ran Symantec, again clean. But the problem persists. Currently I am running a repair install of XP. Will this correct the problem or make it worse or do nothing? If this doesn't fix it I'll just format and reinstall.

Something on the pc may be using it causing it to run high. Can you post a hijackthis log from that pc?

It just got weirder. I left the repair running, came back a few minutes ago and it had somehow rebooted and begun the repair process all by itself. But it was loading SCSI drivers and controllers and crap. The nurses swear they didn't touch anything.

EDIT: BSOD, unmountable boot volume. This just gets better and better...

EDIT part 2: Second try at a repair install fixed it.

Try using Process Explore. This can help you determin what is loaded under or using that process. Sometimes it is something you don't want on your computer, other times its a program or process that is not running correctly.

Process Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom