Limewire "virus"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred123

Solid State Member
Ok, i acedently downloaded a zip file off Limewire (bad idea I know) then norton stopped me and said its a virus when I tryed to unzip it,(or so i thought). I closed limewire then after it closed it opened up again, and i saw that i was sharing 170 some files. I know it has to do with the zip I opened. Every file is the same exact size but they are titled differently, things that people would download. All the files are said to be located in C: program files/myname/complete -BUT I went to program files and no such folder 'complete' exists. I stopped sharing that folder in limewire so no one else gets what I got. I did a full scan with Norton,ad-aware, and spybot. When i searched with spybot it came up with a file called EAccelerate, I looked up what it was and its a file servace that gives you a lot of files for a monthly price, I deleated it and I thought that was the end, but it came back. Please help me. Thank you all.

oh my gosh, what i typed was program files but what i ment was documents and settings. Complete isnt located in C: Documents and settings/Myname, nor is it located in C: Program files. Sorry for the mix up.

Do you see incomplete? Download another file successfully, then try to find the file you just downloaded. If that dont work, uninstall LW and reinstall.

the thing i downloaded created another folder called complete the folder that normal completed files goes to is called shared. I uninstalled LW and i got a java error that said several .jar files were acting up. so i found them in the remains of the Limewire folder and it wouldnt let me delete them. So I used Move on Boot and deleted the whole folder.

I belive this is related to the issue: i couldnt shut down the files that were being used because I cant ctrl+alt+delete to get to the processes. Maybe i should just reformat but I would like to find another solution. I really apriciate your help Warez Monster

OK, so you delete the folderd using Move On. You tried to reinstall LW but couldnt because of the .jar files? Did you delete those? I got kinda confused on what you did first. Also, you cant access task manager?

I uninstalled LW then AFTER the uninstall i got the Java error with the .jar files. I thought it may be those files that were giving me problems so i tryed to delete them.The .jar files were located in the LW folder, and i thought i would just delete the whole folder. Windows gave me the "cant close-being used by another person or program" I tryed to go to task manager to close the file but it wouldnt come up. I then used Move on Boot and deleted the limewire folder and I then I uninstalled Java uninstalled java. I havent reinstalled LW or java sense, should I?

If you cant delete a file either go to safe mode or go to start, run, type msconfig, startup, disable all except FW and AV, reboot, then try to delete. You could also try renaming the file to whatever you want, then delete it, or if it wont let you delete it, reboot, then try to delete it. Go ahead and reinstall it and see what happens.

I reinstalled limewire, and it still starts up every time i close it, but im no longer sharing 170 some files. There dont seem to be any other problems because of this.So i may just live with it unless it gets worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom