Kaspersky Internet Security making computer run really slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioanni

In Runtime
I have Kaspersky Anti Virus 6 with a one year license. Now my cd-key is expired so I got from a friend Kaspersky Internet Sequrity 7.

Now the computer I needed it for is a bit old. It has a AMD K6-II @ 550MHz with 512MB RAM. According to the Kaspersky Internet Security system requirements its only needs a computer with a 300Mhz processor and 128MB RAM.

So I installed it and now its so slow. The whole system is slowed so much. Is it supposed to be this slow on every system no matter how good the specs are? I used to run Norton AntiVirus 2006 on it and it was running fine and we all know how Norton is. I need to install this on another system with a entry level PIII with 512MB RAM is the same thing going to happen?

It will most likely happen. Remember those are MINIMAL specs required. That jsut means the applicaiton will run on those machines. Does not mean that those machine will run fast.

For a machine like that i would suggest AVG, AVAST or NOD32. That along with Comodo or Zone Alarm will keep you well protected. Plus it wont slow you down comapred to these suites. If you want to keep a all in one then go for Eset Smart Security.

I personally like Avast. I would suggest that one at least to try. It is a great and light resource Anti-Virus.

Ya i too is using Avast Home edition for free and it never slowups my system. try using it out.

I'm gonna look into Avast but I'm kinda looking for a full version of the anti virus program.

What do mean by full version? Avast Home is a full version. They also have a Pro version as well. the Home version is free and works great. I use it personally and have not been infected since i started to use it. the Pro version is even better.

Do you mean a Internet Security Suite which has both a AntiVirus and Firewall? If so check out Eset Smart Security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom