kapersky? bitdefender? eset?

Free. Avira is a free AV, and MBAM is optional IMO.

i feel like the free version of MB can be pointless since it doesn't run in the background.
The paid version goes on sale a lot and has lifetime versions.
Totally worth it imo.
I"ll stick with BD for now since I have 9 months of it

i feel like the free version of MB can be pointless since it doesn't run in the background.
The paid version goes on sale a lot and has lifetime versions.
Totally worth it imo.
I"ll stick with BD for now since I have 9 months of it

Well if you're smart you wouldn't need either! :p

I'm running the stock Windows Defender on Win8. I just watch what I click on/download. If I think it's a bit of a shady site, I switch over to FireFox with NoScript enabled.

Well if you're smart you wouldn't need either! :p

I'm running the stock Windows Defender on Win8. I just watch what I click on/download. If I think it's a bit of a shady site, I switch over to FireFox with NoScript enabled.

I get what you mean

I messed up a few weeks ago when trying to flash some roms for my brothers phones.
The links were from xda and I've used them before however they were two download tabs and one of them was the fake one.
I was so ****ed.
Took a while to clean my machine but I think its 99.7% gone.
Mistakes happen...

Yeah I use my brain more than AV, to many people think once you install "the best" AV you can download every p##n video in the world and not have a single Malware, virus etc lol

Last edited:
I've been a fan of Avast for a while but lately it's gotten very spammy. I understand the popups for when it goes on sale, and I've been thinking of getting the premium version since I've been using the free version and I'd like to support the product, but then I started getting those stupid popups - "Your computer is not optimized! Click here to optimize!" "Your file system is not protected! Click here!" and all that crap. I haven't switched AV but I sure as hell don't feel like buying the premium version, now.

I've liked Avira in the past, but I had problems getting updates. I might try it again and see if that's working any better for me.

Of course, common sense is the best defense, but I'm also a red blooded guy who likes to live dangerously.

I've been a fan of Avast for a while but lately it's gotten very spammy. I understand the popups for when it goes on sale, and I've been thinking of getting the premium version since I've been using the free version and I'd like to support the product, but then I started getting those stupid popups - "Your computer is not optimized! Click here to optimize!" "Your file system is not protected! Click here!" and all that crap. I haven't switched AV but I sure as hell don't feel like buying the premium version, now.

I've liked Avira in the past, but I had problems getting updates. I might try it again and see if that's working any better for me.

Of course, common sense is the best defense, but I'm also a red blooded guy who likes to live dangerously.

Yikes...makes it sound more like a Fake AV Virus rather than an AV..

Yeah I have received one or two "AV sale" popups... but realised you just have to config the settings to stop receiving them. :cool:

Malware bytes and being pro-active , using deep inspection of processis and byte.changes in the task manager..customize your firewall and block incoming ports...and watch traffic and stuff with command line.

Back
Top Bottom