just wonderful

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i keep a running log of data of experiments that i do. in the past, i just kept it in C drive in my computer. but i ended up loosing 2 years worth a while back when my computer got a nasty virus, and i ended up re-installing the factory o.s.. so after loosing it, i decided to keep it on a dvd. i made the database using M.S. Works, and save it to the disc after entering each experiment, well yesterday i tried saving one, and a got a warning sound, and a pop up window, saying " can not access the document j:\ experiments 101.wdb. the document may already be open, or it may be a read only document .
the name and path may be invalid, the document may no longer exist, or it may already be open. if you run Works from a network, you may have to wait until someone else closes Works." i do not run it from a network, and it is not already open. i did notice that there was a strange file on here, that i did not create. i assumed it was a virus, malware or something similar. i ran the program "SuperAntiSpyware" and it found the file, and removed it. but i still can not save anything to the disc. it has not been finalized by me, so as far as i know i should be able to continue on recording to it. i now have over a years worth of data on this disc, so i do not want to have to loose all of this again. does anyone have any idea about what is happening, why, or how to fix this??? thanks so much, XWrench3.

Back
Top Bottom