Just a quick question

93tilnfinity,

Let's see what your system shows with the following short scan.
This will help in deciding what to do with the infection.

Please download RogueKiller:
Tlcharger RogueKiller (Site Officiel)

When you get to the website, go to where it says:
(Download link) Lien de téléchargement:
rendu2.png

Select the appropriate version for your system. (See Note at bottom.)

Click the dark-blue button to download.
Save to the Desktop.

Close all windows and browsers.
Right-click and select: Run as Administrator

At the program console, wait for the prescan to finish. (Under Status, it says: Prescan finished.)
press: SCAN

When done, a report opens on the Desktop: RKreport.txt

Please provide the RKreport.txt (Mode: Scan) in your reply.

Note:
To find out if the system is 32 or 64 bit:
Click: Start
Type System in the Start Search box
Click System in the Programs list.

The operating system is displayed as follows:
For a 64-bit version operating system, under System > System type, it shows:
64-bit Operating System

For a 32-bit version operating system, under System > System type, it shows:
32-bit Operating System

hey guys, so I've decided to reformat...I believe its at that point. I've already backed up the files that I wanted to back up. Now the question is...what do I need to do to reformat? And, my friend suggested mounting an image of win7 onto a dvd and running that after reformatting, how would I do that? daemon tools or poweriso?

hey guys, so I've decided to reformat...I believe its at that point. I've already backed up the files that I wanted to back up. Now the question is...what do I need to do to reformat? And, my friend suggested mounting an image of win7 onto a dvd and running that after reformatting, how would I do that? daemon tools or poweriso?
You can reformat the hard drive from the windows installation dvd if you so choose.
How do you have the windows 7 image currently? An iso file?

As of right now, I don't have the iso file...I've been searching for a safe download and wondering whether I should burn to a blank dvd or use a flash drive or if I could use my external hard drive? My friend said I would have to parition the external in order to? Not sure on what that means lol

Edit: okay so I've got the iso file downloading right now, and i was just going to use my external to transfer the file over to my pc and then mount using daemon tools or poweriso ( I have both already installed on corrupted pc) but Im not sure if that would work?

Last edited:
Mounting the iso won't install it on your pc though. You actually don't have to mount it at all, because what you're after are the files inside the iso itself.

Using WinRar, 7Zip, or any other extraction software, you can extract the iso file to create a directory folder of the files inside the iso.

Before you transfer the files onto your external though, we'll have to format it so it's ready for the win7 installation (formatting will delete everything on it, so make sure it's blank before doing this):

Go to Start Menu=>All Programs=>Accessories=>Command Prompt, right-click it and choose "Run as Administrator". Follow these instructions to reformat your external:
1. type in "diskpart"
-this will load the diskpart application in command prompt.
2. diskpart> list disk
- this will show all connected storage drives on your computer. Look for the one that relatively cooresponds with your external's size (i.e. 250gb=~230gb, etc.)
3. diskpart> select disk #
- #=your external's disk number
4. diskpart> clean
- this will wipe your hard drive clean.
5. diskpart> create partition primary
- this creates the primary partition on the external.
6. diskpart> active
- this makes the partition bootable.
7. diskpart> format fs=ntfs quick
- this formats the hard drive so the OS can be loaded on it.
8. diskpart> exit
- you're done.

Now, copy the files of the extracted iso files to your external.
Plug it in to the pc you want to image, and make sure you boot to the USB HDD by either entering the boot menu from the POST screen or changing the boot order in your system's BIOS.

Last edited:
okay so to save myself from the confusing work of reformatting my external (and the fact that i had already backed up my files last night) I went out and bought dvd+r/rw disks and am getting ready to burn the iso onto it. each one contains 4.7gb memory and the iso file i found is 3gb so i should be fine with that

okay so to save myself from the confusing work of reformatting my external (and the fact that i had already backed up my files last night) I went out and bought dvd+r/rw disks and am getting ready to burn the iso onto it. each one contains 4.7gb memory and the iso file i found is 3gb so i should be fine with that
That works too :p.

What program are you going to use to burn the iso onto the dvd?

Back
Top Bottom