ISTvc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpio

Baseband Member
Pop-ups seem to randomly appear on my computer and when I run Adaware, I find all these things that haven't been there when I checked last time. I think it has something to do with this program called ISTvc or something, I keep getting rid of it, but it comes back at random times. Does anyone know what kind of software carries this program?

no idea but i can help..
first run spybot, and adware in safe mode then delete the program.. make sure u aren't downloading anything for a while after and if u do then that is where it is coming from. what firewall u have?
run microsoft anti spyware as well, then tell us what it picks up ill look up ur program if that doens't help

When I was trying to figure out a way to remove it since Adaware couldn't and Spybot didn't detect it, I ran Windows in Safe Mode, but it didn't appear in Safe Mode. I finally removed it by removing it from my RAM and then quickly deleting the program folder before it could start up again. But it seems to reappear now and then and all I downloaded recently was BSPlayer, DivX, and Azureus.

have you ran hijack this? if not plz do and post ur log
also tell me the exact name of what adware picks up as your problem
last... quarintine them

I think I removed it, but I also think that it came back when I boot, so I ran MSCONFIG and looked in Startup and came across this:

my.php

Even if I disable that, ISTsvc comes back. Is that supposed to be there? I'll run Hijack this right now since ISTscv is back right now.

hmmm
idk man... try safe mode ok? use the cmd prompt to delete it... then open msconfig make sure u uncheck everything u dont NEED.
now where does it say the virus is?

once we konw that.. we'll hit the virus from all sides and force it to leave u the hell alone :)

Oh my god... I just found out that it's in the Add or Remove Programs and I can remove it. And so far, ISTsvc hasn't come back. Well that was a huge waste of time, thanks for all the help, I'll probably bump this thread if it comes back...

np at all.. make sure its gone and rescan.
i thought u had tried that though, sorry my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom