Isearch got me (virus)

slimcan

Baseband Member
I updated glary sorftware now I have been hijacked on my chrome browser . I have a tab which says Search and can not rid myself of it. Is there a simple way of fixing this

Remove the software that caused it and anything it installed. Use a Restore Point if necessary.

ok removed, Then I had to remove it from Chrome inside Tools then extensions. This program was on Cnet.com so I thought it would not leave me with such annoying software. Think it is all gone now ... Thanks

Sometimes with those Cnet installs you have to watch out. If you fly through the installation process and don't read each screen, they'll usually install some type of search bar into your browser; it's selected by default during the install process and you'd have to uncheck the option yourself...

Tyranny of the default.

slimcan,

ISearch redirects/hijacks your browser.

For safe measure, run the AdwCleaner program:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

It searches and removes unwanted toolbars, programs, adwares, and browser hijackers, and is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7: versions 32 and 64 bits.

After downloading, save AdwCleaner to the Desktop
Double click on the program to run it (Windows XP)
Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator (Vista/Windows 7)
Click the Search button
Once the search is completed and, if it has located unwanted programs, click the Delete button to remove these.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so.

After removing unwanted programs with AdwCleaner, do a full scan of your computer with your anti-virus software.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom