Intrusion attemps on my computer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogoni

Beta member
Hi, after installing Zone alarm, i was notified that it had detected and blocked 31 access attemps.
Is it possible to stop these access attemps perminantly? Without zone alarm always blocking them?

So an IP which the computer DNS is called a website address isnt a threat? I doubt it.

These come up every few minutes, keep my system running laggy and my internet slow. Hadnt done this before.

what is the ip address then? do a trace route. I'm telling you its nothing.....if you didnt have ZA on there, you wouldnt be having this problem....its normal....

traceroute is a TCP/IP utility which allows the user to determine the route packets take to reach a particular host. traceroute works by increasing the "time to live" value of each successive packet sent. The first packet has a time to live (TTL) value of one, the second two, and so on. When a packet passes through a host, normally the host decrements the TTL value by one, usually, and forwards the packet to the next host. When a packet with a TTL of one reaches a host, the host discards the packet and sends an ICMP time exceeded (type 11) packet to the sender. The traceroute utility uses these returning packets to produce a list of hosts that the packets have traversed en route to the destination.

Winxp-tracert.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom