internet virus

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
is it possible for a modem and or router to get a virus, malware, trojan horse or the like. all of us have noticed our service slowing down lately, and my desktop, and my sons are acting very strange as well. i have unplugged and disconnected the modem and router a couple of times, the last time was a full 5 minutes that i had both of them disconnected. with no noticeable difference afterward. my desktop is running so hard when i start it, that it takes over 2 full minutes for the task master to even respond to ctrl, alt, del. and it kept running crazy hard for a good 5 minutes. i could not get anything to open. and i have had the internet disconnected for the last 24 hours. earlier today, i started it in safe mode, and did a bunch of scans trying to get it right again. i ran 2 different registry scan with repair tools. my sons is so bad, he is going to just do a complete system replacement. he really does not keep much on his computer, unlike me. i am going to try to start my computer, and copy as many files as i can. if our router and or modem have a problem however, our problems will be far from over.

Not in the traditional sense.

There are/were some vulnerabilities that affected firmwares of certain brands of routers...but they didn't spread malware to systems on the network (unless a backdoor was 'opened' on the network that allowed it to be distributed).

GEESH!! who would have ever thought we were buying rejects from the mini mars rover anchor program. it sounds to me that if Americans were well informed, the manufacturers would be forced to improve their products in order to sell them. so i have another job to do. update the firmware inmy router. i did not find anything in the article about the modem. but i will go to the manufacturers website and check it out.

THANKS AGAIN carnageX !

Back
Top Bottom