Internet Turbo

Akaash

Solid State Member
Hi there,

I was downloading open office from source forge wasn't paying attention much and realized I had clicked the wrong button and wound up with this "internet turbo" crap. I uninstalled it and tried cleaning my registry. Still there when I start IE. Maybe I wasn't thorough enough in my registry cleaning... Any ideas?

What do you mean it's there when you start IE? Is it set as your home page or what?

If anything, you can always reset IE back to its defaults.

Well, I uninstalled the program in Control Pannel, I then cleared my registry, uninstalled and re-installed IE and it was still my homepage when I started IE again. It put this search bar in my chrome as well. With chrome, upon opening the browser after re-installation, internet turbo was already in the extensions library and being used by default.

Download MBAM and run that. You have a redirect infection.

Yeah, unfortunately it's a work computer so I can't really agree to their non-commercial use clause if I want to use it for free

Yeah, unfortunately it's a work computer so I can't really agree to their non-commercial use clause if I want to use it for free

You will have to take it to the IT People. They will have to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom