internet 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunny2003

Beta member
i have a problem with my internet explorer.when i open up ie ,i then go to msn messenger to see e-mails .when i open up the e-mail box it closes the ie down -its really annoying .i have ad aware installed ,mcafee secuity suite 2004 version6 nothing is coming back on those - .In my sons account everything seems to be working fine but in my husbands there is a strange white box in the top of his page.sometimes it flashes hellllllllllllllllllllllllp

many thanks

hunny2003

wow Im stumped.
A white box that flashes at the top?
I think your first problem is using IE aka Internet Explo-d-er.

Try using an alternate browser such as firefox or opera or google for "internet browsers".(the other names listed can also be google'd i was to lazy to post the url's)

If when you use another browser you still have problems check back and we'll try and figure something else out.

I've just come across the same problem with my sisters pc.
She is using Win XP Pro, IE6, and MSN/Hotmail.
Whenever she went to open her inbox IE just closed down.

Now i assumed it was spyware/trojans etc and ran AdAware SE, Spybot, Spysweeper, Registry mechanic and medic, AVG and Trend Micro's HouseCall and whilst this lot found alsorts of junk it didnt solve the problem:(

Even reinstalling IE didnt help but it still persisted.

Eventually i gave up and used her pc as a guinea pig and installed Mozilla.
Prob solved and i'm so impressed with it i think i'm gonna start using it over IE.

Sorry i'm not much help because i was/still am stumped as to why it did it and am hoping someone comes up with a solution.

Maybe MicroBell can come up with it when u post ur hijackthis log:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom