instaled programs on pc purchase?

Gogandantes

Baseband Member
how well do these work? ive got norton built in when i bought my pc but was a trial. so it doesnt let me recieve new update deffinitions. now that thats expired i use primarily everything it comes installed with, windows defender, hp health check, disk defrag. i seem to be staying very clean. i keep hearing ppl say you need a million programs but im not sure how true that is? any info on what from what on that?

also i have dialup on 10 year old pc, wondering how to make it run faster? i use all programs i listed above on regular basis. im not sure if anything besides faster connection will make it go faster or not?

and that being said it leads me to ask, whats the cheapest dsl isp/hookup?

Uninstall norton, and install avira or avast - both are free and very good AVs. Also you can disable Windows defender once you have a new AV installed.

Uninstall norton, and install avira or avast - both are free and very good AVs. Also you can disable Windows defender once you have a new AV installed.
+1

I suggest running the Norton Removal Tool to get rid of Norton completely - uninstalling the traditional way (through Programs & Features) tends to leave a lot of stuff behind still. Can get the tool from here:
Download Norton Removal Tool - MajorGeeks

Though installing Avira or Avast will automatically disable Defender, so that step isn't necessary manually :).

also i have dialup on 10 year old pc, wondering how to make it run faster? i use all programs i listed above on regular basis. im not sure if anything besides faster connection will make it go faster or not?
How to make the system faster overall? Well you could always reformat/reinstall Windows.

and that being said it leads me to ask, whats the cheapest dsl isp/hookup?

I'd say that all depends on what's available to you in your area.

how well does AVG or Spybot work? I think those have been companies in buisness a long time havent they?

AVG has been on a decline for a while.

Spybot...I honestly haven't used them in years.

I havent used them in years either so I thought Id ask it first before getting it now. I used to use them like 15 years ago & used to work well back then, but you know the quality on the market is always changing. So the best free ones today are what?

I havent used them in years either so I thought Id ask it first before getting it now. I used to use them like 15 years ago & used to work well back then, but you know the quality on the market is always changing. So the best free ones today are what?

Best free AV's? Already made that suggestion above. Avira or Avast.

Back
Top Bottom