Infostealer.Gampass HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HondaK20A

Beta member
Hi yesterday when i was just surfing the web my Symantec Antivirus Auto-Protect Results dialog popped up saying that there was a trojan called Infostealer.Gampass. I read on Symantec's website that this is a low risk trojan that steals passwords for games and that if the auto-protect dialog popped up, it means that the computer is protected, but I'm not convinced by that description.

I've read other forum posts and I know I'm supposed to like post some registry or something, but I'm not a big computer guy so I don't really know where to find that stuff. Please help me with this virus, thanks

EDIT: I followed this tutorial http://www.spywareremove.com/removeInfostealerGampass.html on how to manually remove Infostealer.Gampass, but when I go to where it's indicated, I can't find the files

EDIT2: I tried manually searching for "cj,v4.dll" that's supposedly part of the Infostealer.Gampass virus, but the search function couldn't find it. Symantec Antivirus detected 4 separate Infostealer.Gampasses, 2 of them said "Reboot Required - Partial" and the other 2 said "Left alone"

EDIT3: I did a full virus scan and the Infostealer.Gampass didn't show up on the threat list. Does it mean the virus is gone or is it just hidden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom