Infected with Conficker! HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i have two hard disks i believe and i had my stuff on C: but i am now installing a fresh copy of Windows onto the D: drive, i hope this is going to work but it may possibly mess things up even worse.

unless this virus can somehow unbeliavable make its way through my c drive to my d drive, i think i have it now. I'll post soon with feedback.

ok, so seriously, i've just decided this is the worst virus/worm that ive ever seen. I start doing a fresh install on my D: Drive and again, the PC freezes after a while. It seemed like it was going well but then bam! it froze.

Awesome, so now, i have to format my pc, thats my only option, so i'll lose thousands of songs, pictures, games data etc. It makes me want to cry. Oh well, i guess no other option. But i will just try Bart PE a few times more before i give up, let me know meanwhile if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks guys

Are you sure you dont have a hardware issue? If you are installing the OS on the new hard drive, the virus issue wont have any affect on what you are doing, the same thing if you try to install it on your current C: drive.

well, im trying bart pe again and it seems fine at the moment, the only thing i changed was i opened the side of my desktop to let some more air in, maybe my pc was freezing cuz of overheating, but i doubt that since before the virus, there was no such problem. Anyways, im going to try this now, already saved a few files to my external drive, its going well. will keep you posted.

also, if i do manage to save my files, do you think my usb will infected with the worm? if yes how should i proceed in cleaning it after the format? thanks

ok man cheers ill see what happens and ill report back later.
thanks,
daniel

Osiris it seems as if i have some hardware issues, but perhaps the virus might have been the cause for the hardware problem? since everything was working fine till i got this **** virus...

I deleted the partitions totally and began formatting and in the middle of the formatting process the PC froze - YES- AGAIN.

So im guessing the virus wrecked my mobo or some other hardware, im trying once more if it still doesn't work i'll probably take my desktop to the shop tomorrow. Did you hear anything about this virus/worm and how it might affect hardware?

Keep me posted
Thx

Nothing about hardware has come up with this worm. Maybe a coincidence? I really don't think you have this virus anyways.

Well I remembered now that along the process of trying to get rid of the worm, I used system restore and after that, all my bios settings changed back to default. Before that i had made some special settings, because my PC used to have BSOD problems. So perhaps the default settings messed things up for me. I have now reset my bios to the settings i had before the virus and am trying to format my pc once again. I think it's going to work, fingers crossed.

By the way, what virus/worm DO you think i have then, since you say its not conficker. Because honestly, i've never seen anything this bad. And i've had many experiences with viruses...

I think it seems bigger than it actually is because you have some hardware issues along with whatever you downloaded. I cant really tell what you haver without running some scans

Also, System Restore has nothing to do with the BIOS, both are separate

Also, System Restore has nothing to do with the BIOS, both are separate

I know that, but somehow my settings changed back to default. Maybe the virus did something, I don't know. Either way i have now got windows up and running, it seems that the new bios settings have solved the problem. I'll let you know if anything else comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom