I'm sure that this has been discussed but I can't find the thread for it.

loldfield

Beta member
I have an old Dell (Which I hate) but I can't afford another computer and I need it to assist my husband in his home business. I wanted to try a program (I'm sorry to say) and so I did a bad thing and downloaded one from the internet for free. I think I have a virus because one day it started up with just a blank screen and a cursor. I have read all over the internet about what to do about it and it seems like nothing works and everyone's problem is easier than mine lol.
Black screen with a cursor in normal mode and all safe modes. Restore to earlier configuration doesn't work. I tried putting in the disk and it loads all files then goes to a blue screen of death with an error. I looked that up and said to go into BIOS and change from AHCI TO ATA. Did that still have the blue screen of death. Tried going into safe mode and new task then explorer.exe but there is already one running and it takes at least 15 minutes for the ctrl alt del to pull up the task manager.
I feel like I've tried it all but I'm hoping someone has some more information and I'm sure I've tried some other things but I'm so frustrated right now I can't remember them all. Been working on this for two days.
I have a paragon repair disk but I don't know what registry lines to fix so it really does me no good.
Help! Please!

BluWolf

What is the BSOD STOP*** code?

You can boot into "Safe Mode"? Try using System Restore to restore Windows to an earlier date than when you installed your virus.

Spyware-Asylum is your friend. Select your OS, picked Full Scan and follow the directions carefully.

When I try to put in windows disk and get the blue screen it happens right after it saying "Starting up Windows" then it says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufactuerer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.'

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need ot use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0xf748E0BF, 0xF78DA208,0XF78D9F09)

*** pci.sys - Address F748E0BF base at F7487000, DateStamp 3b7d855c

I tried system restore in safe mode and it gave me an error message give me a minute and I will find out exactly what it said.

Man it takes forever to start this thing up to any workable point

the error is: system restore is not able to protect your computer. please restart your computer, and then run system restore again

anyone with ideas this is taking too long to get anywhere even in safe mode it takes atleast 15 minutes with a black screen and a cursor then it goes to the windows is starting up...screen then desktop comes up and the icons are all disconnected and no start bar

Back
Top Bottom