IE6 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacydr

Beta member
I am using Windows XP and when I try to access any internet website on Internet Explorer, the status bar adds extensions to the website (ex. If I were to type in www.techist.com, the status bar would blink www.techist.com.com, www.techist.com.org, and so on..) After going through the extensions, I receive an error message saying, "Internet explorer could not open the search page". Is there anyway I can fix this? I know I have a connection because I'm able to sign onto AIM and other instant messangers. Thanks in advance.

This has happened to me before... except I can't quite remember the solution :(

However, I think it has to do with your DNS setting and/or your provider...... No wait...

Go to a dos window and renew your IP settings.

command is ipconfig /renew

Uhmmm... I wish I could remember exactly. Sorry I can't be any more help.

Regardless, its something simple to fix.

So when ever you type in a url and hit enter, it acts like its going to ope the page, but then adds an extension or maybe even adds an extra http:// to the begining of the URL?

Maybe somebody will post the solution, unless my idea worked:)

Oddly it's happened to me before, but the problem just kind of took care of itself, if that makes any sense. I was hoping that's what would happen this time, but it hasn't yet. I'm going to try downloading something to search for spyware to see if that helps. Thanks though!

Try going into your command prompt and typing 'ipconfig /flushdns' and hit enter.
After this try it again.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom