free to create 3rd party add-ons
you can be conservative [1.31 and earlier]
you can be bleeding edge [1.4b]
you can be reckless [nightly builds]
built out of love not money
browser or mail client only distributions
modifiable skins, icons, and splash screens
and a bunch of other stuff too

I like Mozilla FireFox because its faster, free to download, I love the tabbing, and also there is a built in pop up blocker.

majistic said:
I like Mozilla FireFox because its faster, free to download, I love the tabbing, and also there is a built in pop up blocker.

I personally found that IE was faster than Mozilla. Just from how long searches took, and how long the browser took to open. Hmm..

I have little preference either way, but I do love the tabbing of Mozilla, like majistic mentioned.

Netscape 7.1 also includes the popup blocker and the tabbing, and is also free, so that's not an issue. The thing about the long load time is really deceptive. Since IE is built into Windows, it is a part of why it takes Windows so long to load. If you set Netscape/Mozilla to load automatically, then your load time won't seem to be as long.

Another reason to go with Mozilla or Netscape is that with the latest versions, you get to see the web pages before they are fully loaded. How many times have you had to wait for a page to FULLY download before you can read the contents under IE? There is also no load time to open a new tab, but if you want to open another IE window it will take a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom