IE doesn't work on my windows vista laptop!!

Horror

Banned
iE keeps crashing but safari works.
I like IE though

Has anyone else noticed this or is this just me??
not sure if this is related to malware so mods please feel free to move this thread

thanks

have you ran any scans?

Try running a full wipe with CCleaner

if that doesn't work, check your Internet Preferences in the control panel.

I downloaded a virus accidentally through a proxy once.

no i haven't. i'll run one now.

thanks for the reply iFargle.

okay deleted all the viruses in kaspersky.

have you ever heard of background. html virus? wonder what that is.. strange. never experienced any issues with my background
anyway ill try opening IE

it still won't work!

what operating system do you run??

Last edited by a moderator:
'internet explorer is not responding'
i always get that message whenever i open it

again thanks for the reply :)

Hmm
Try "chkdsk /f"

Open up command prompt with elevated privileges (if applicable) and type "chkdsk /f"
then restart your computer since the scan can only be ran after a boot (to scan drives that are in use)

If you're getting virus warnings... You should run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware.

After that, you could try opening IE in safe mode (note: not the OS itself in safe mode, but IE's safe mode): Internet Explorer safe mode » IT by Mitch

If it opens fine, then you should open up the Add-ons panel for IE to check for any unnecessary (or incompatible) add-ons.

after i removed the viruses with kaspersky, i opeened ie fine at first and it asked me what add-ons i'd like to disable. i disabled all of them. after a while of loading it just crashed.

this has been happening since my laptop got shut down for some reason and a worker of a family member (since he works in IT) fixed the issue.

i dont like safari much to be honest

So you're saying it's fixed now? Or.. you're still having the issue? If you're still having the issue, try what I posted.

is malwarebytes free ??

and no, if you read my post carefully, you'll see im still having issues. or maybe im not coherent enough. sorry lol

thanks for trying to help :)

oh whats system file checker??
am i supposed to install that myself online or...?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom