ib.adnxs.com hijacker in my AOL 9.6 only

Combofix just disappears when it's done working, and AdwCleaner had one file pop up which I fixed.

I don't think AOL has Add Ons. Only what comes from an update from them.

Combofix should generate a log in the root of your C:\ drive, if I remember correctly (been a while since I've had to use it).

Weird.

Are you still having the same issues?

I'd also recommend a quick scan with TDSSKiller and Panda Anti-Rootkit.

I ran both. Nothing on TDSS, and 2 thiings on Panda. I erases the log file by accindent. I copied it, but got distracted and didn't paste it and used my copy function after I closed the appication. Couldn't get a log back.
There was an Unknown K file, and one registry file.

I was using another aol that was working fine, and then up started the pop ups from ib.adnxs again. So it's still int he computer.

:-(

Well it's not something I usually have to recommend doing either and leave it as a last option.

Have you checked your proxy settings under Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN Settings button? Make sure the "Use a proxy" checkbox is unchecked.

Tried uninstalling all alternate browsers besides IE to make sure that nothing is still stuck in one of the alternate ones? Tried resetting IE back to all defaults through Advanced Settings? Double checked your Add/Remove Programs to make sure there's nothing still in there that could be getting things?

Back
Top Bottom