I think i may have a root kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazypete3

Baseband Member
What is the best software to remove rootkits. I think i may have one because when i try to install something it gives me random error codes. Then it won't let me change start up programs and one time it wouldn't let me scan drive c.

Well antimalware bytes does not pick up anything, i don't know why though it usually does. Combofix gets spammed with "driver" errors and "unable to scan" errors and then it says it fails to do certain things, the rootkit ****s with anything that tries to perform a "scan" or "installation" basically nothing works at all, it forced me to reformat.

So i guess ill just need to go check out some logs on how to get really protected just incase it attacks me again

Think about it, if you are having that issue that many times, you are either going back to where ever you got it from, or installing it, or, you have a hardware issue, or software issue.

Yeah ended up testing which ones messed up on me and which ones didn't and found out it was either the site i downloaded a free trial of comodo off of, or it was internet download manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom