I think I have a Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billiegirl

Baseband Member
I think my computer may have a virus! I am currently on another computer at the moment (which is mega slow) anyway my computer loads up windows xp fine but I cant seem to open any programs. The computer seems to have no memory, and I also have issue shutting down.

I booted the computer in "safe mode" and ran my spy ware but I cant run my virus scanner keeps saying "Cant initialize engine. Scan aborted"

Do you guys have any idea how I can fix my computer as I have no idea.

Thanks in advance & Cheers :D

hi billiegirl

First, create a folder for HijackThis in the root folder of your hard drive so it can make proper backups

example

C:/HJT/
C:/hijackthis/

next

Click here to download Hijack This. 1.99.1 Save it to the folder you have just created

Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan” . When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to“Save Log”. Click on“Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET , most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise.

we can see a little better whats going on with your computer

Lobos

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Lobos I cant get on the internet with my computer as I cant open anything and it wont let me on safe mode. I cant do a system restore as it wont let me, cant reformat at the moment as its xp and it wants thru cd and my bios does not reckonise my cd rom.

My aunty who good at this stuff looking in to it for me. Thanks for your help anyway. Bloody bugs all I can say

Cheers :D

Well that a issue too, you have to download the boot disk for xp which is 6 disk problem is the old computer I am on the floppy drive is broken so I cant use it there for cant copy it on to a floppy to use on mine. I might go to my parents and download it on there computer and copy it on to floppy and try it that way I think. seems like a plan.

Cheers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom