I Think I Have A Trojan! PLZ LOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoLeafClova

Baseband Member
i get pop-ups right after i start up my computer.i dont even go into internet explorer! it seems to be the same pop-ups each time too! sum1 please tell me what to do.

you can download ad-aware and do a full clean 3 times a week
if you use the computer to browse internet a lot
and that will take care of ad robots you migth have in your computer
but do check your setting in internet explorer
tools=internet options=security=predetermine
its free for private use

ad-aware

I find that Spybot S&D is a far superior application to Ad-Aware.

go to google and search for Spybot S&D download the application, Run The Updates and then scan your system.

If you have any doubts about trojans, go to http://housecall.antivirus.com and do an online scan there.

what os are you running

you might also try turning your messenger service off in your services button

one thing is something its in your browser and other in your computer if you do have like isearch in your browser it will give you pop ups
to get iserach of your browser go to
http://toolbar.isearch.com/uninstall/
or if you have clean your computer its nice if you let us knhow

Bazooka Spyware scanner, Ad-aware, spybot search and destroy are all good programs. Bazooka will only find the problems then it will explain in detail how to rid your computer of it. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. As one will find some things that the other won't.

Hi there

Don't worry too much. It's not a Trojan as such. Just a bit of malware. An inconvenience and very frustrating but not hard to get rid of.

Do as the others said and install Adaware or something similar. Every machine should have one of them installed and a scan run regularly.

Another way to clean up your system is by clearing out your cookies, temp, and temporary internet files on a regular basis. Doing that will also keep your system resources free and keep your pc ticking along more smoothly.

If you're comfortable working in the registry do check your running processes for anything unusual (don't delete anything if you're unsure of what it is).

Go to Start>Run>type in regedit and hit OK>

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Current Configuration>Run .... Most virus's can be found in there because they want to run on startup. Deleting them from there won't get rid of a virus though. You need to find out where the main virus files are. They're usually embedded in your Windows system files.

If you don't have up to date Anti Virus software running and you're able to get online, go to www.trendmicro.com and run their free online virus scanner. They can usually clean a virus off your system but if they can't they will tell you exactly how to do it yourself. Print out and follow their advice exactly!

Again, don't delete or modify anything in your registry if you're unsure of what it is or does. I recently did a repair job for a customer after she'd let her sister try to fix things. A two hour job. I could have fixed the original problem in 10 minutes.

Sorry to be so long winded. I tend to do this when I'm trying to help. My customers' eyes simply glaze over. :confused:

Cheers!
kiri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom