I need help XP 2008 Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedhondos

Beta member
A couple days ago I receive this stupid virus call XP 20008 virus and its irritating me. It's not allowing me to use my AVG to scan anything. Also my computer is semi freeze after i load up xp and I can not run or open any programs. I read in here you can download some software to get rid of it but if you are unable to do anything on the computer how can you get rid of it. I cant even access my internet either. Should I run it in safe mode?

Need some expertise on this...

Your not the only one, here at work I have seen a spike in infections with this virus, it seems to be related to Smitfraud. If you can, download SDFix, run that in safe mode, along with Spybot Search & Destroy, and Ad-Aware 2008. Clean out all temp files, delete everything you can find related to this virus, and that SHOULD help you somewhat... There seems to be SEVERAL variants and Spybot has recently been updated to detect some of them.

Hello Hondos -

I picked up that little goodie almost 2 weeks ago - my CA antivirus did not pick it up until the second day I had it and then CA tech was usless in finding what to do about it,

This is a very stuborn program and before I got rid of it, it had put 4 more on my computer as well.

After 3 days of searching for someone to help me, I found Kaspersky.com - their antivirus picked it up immediately, deleated ALL of it, not just some as the others had done, and, on thier forum, spend hours with me restoring my computer back to where it was before I got the virus. This things changes MANY, MANY things in your computer - including stopping you from downloading some antivirus programs.

ALL the help was 100% free - and they have a free 30 day trial of their program as well.

Good luck - several others told me the only thing I could do was wipe my disk and start over. - jb

A couple days ago I receive this stupid virus call XP 20008 virus and its irritating me. It's not allowing me to use my AVG to scan anything. Also my computer is semi freeze after i load up xp and I can not run or open any programs. I read in here you can download some software to get rid of it but if you are unable to do anything on the computer how can you get rid of it. I cant even access my internet either. Should I run it in safe mode?

Need some expertise on this...

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-updated-8-18-2008-a-165828/

Yes try safemode...

You can also transfer the programs to the infected pc

Go to internet options>Advanced>Reset which will reset the browser and disable the add-ons

A way to get rid of most viruses that screw with windows is to use a linux live cd such as slax and go to trendmicro housecall and scan the c drive and remove anything that comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom