I need help removing IGetNet (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHandicapable

Solid State Member
I am not totally sure if this is what I have, but after searching around, it seems pretty aparent. Anyways, I have been infected for a while. Spybot and Adaware say they get rid of it, but it pops right back up again (and yes they are both up to date.) Looking around, the only way it seems to remove it is to delete some files buried in the registry and such.

If you can help me after that wall of text, I would be most appreciative. Any help would be great.

You can try this link:
http://www.spy-bot.net/IGetNet.asp
It explains the removal process pretty throughally....however to open a dos window, just click start > run and type "cmd" with windows 2000/xp and "command" with any other windows version.

edit: oh yea...i also see that the path the HOSTS file is incorrect for windows 2000....it should be "WINNT" and not "windows" but for XP it's \windows\system32\drivers\etc\

no, it's ok...no worries.
try and run through the manual removal steps. post here if you have trouble with any of the steps....

Well, I tried those instructions, but it said that those files couldn't be found (hence the "I think" in the title.) I'm not sure what to do.

Edit- Yeah, I tried it again, and when I hit enter on all of those, "LoadLibrary ("BHO.DLL)" failed- The specificied module could not be found."

And just replace BHO.DLL with whatever it was...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom