I don't know what to do now

Status
Not open for further replies.

techleaner

In Runtime
Ok someone got a virus on there machine and never ran into this before, but the virus that was on there was XP Defender Pro and User Protection and I also seen traces of Antivirus Plus, So I went into the Application Data, Program Files, Add/Remove Programs and deleted what I saw. Then I went into msconfig and in the startup I stopped the ones that looked suspect, this one won't stop running dovakara.dll in startup, I traced it down into a System32 file and deleted it there but it didn't get rid of it because its still running in startup, so I ran rkill.exe and it really didn't kill processes so I went to a restart because I did all this in safe mode, and I wanted to try it Normally so I tried but Windows Never Loaded it keeps getting stuck in Setting Up Your Personal Files and just hangs there so I did a hard boot and tried Last Known Good Configuration and nothing again so I tried loading in Safe Mode but now nothing shows up, no taskbar, no icons nothing jus black i'm able to CTRL+ALT+DELETE for task manager so I tried Regedit but it says Administrator has disabled registry editor, I did the task manger and went to new task and typed msconfig in run and that dovakara.dll is still in the startup i have no idea what to do, I can't do nothing because Windows won't boot up normally and safe mode is all black anyhelp would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated thank you.

Safe mode no longer loads it only shows about 16 drivers loading then just stops and hangs there for a long time more than 20mins and still nothing, I tried a recovery but still nothing happens.

yea, it sux cuz the person has documents on their desktop, instead of saving them to the server they kept it on the HD now we gotta go out of out way to retrieve docs from another system that is in a different program because they have towers not desktops thanks anyways, it also sux cuz i found out how to run malwarebytes because the .exe file also comes seperate dammit, thanks osiris u helped me many times ur dope

If you run a repair installation, you shouldn't need to worry about backing up the data. It just replaces the system files.

what you ran was a checkdisk which checks the HDD for errors not necessarily the OS. You'll need the installation CD of the OS and boot to it and do a repair installation of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom