I caught something and I don't know how to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiLiCatLet

Baseband Member
Hi all,

I was surfing on my desktop computer and an antivirus install window popup. I know it's bad, I use task manager to terminates the window and immediatly scan using Avast. Avast pick up 2 files, I believes it's from the [local setting/temp] folder. I chose to quarantine the files, and Avast don't seem to have problem doing it. I let Avast to keep scanning then the bad thing happened after a while. My computer freeze and nothing response. I have to use the reset button to restart my computer. The computer boots like normal and enter the loading Window screen (I am using XP). When the blue user welcome screen meant to popup, I get a black screen with my mouse cursor in the middle. I try restart the computer and enter safemode, it seem whatever I caught disable my keyboard so I can't choose the safemode option with the up/down arrow on my keyboard.
Another thing, my desktop anyways seem to have problem enter screen that allow you to enter safemode using the F8 button. But I can use the keyboard on F2 and F11 which I believe is the BIOS and the booting option.
Anyone have any clue on how to fix this? I don't want to format my hard disk, I have a lot of files I want on it.

Please help (>_<)
KiLiCatLet

Edit: I have an idea and wonder if this will work.
I got a cable which allow you to connect HD (desktop and laptop one) with a USB cable and access on another computer like a memory stick. Would be safe to plug my infected HD on my laptop or another computer?

Are you using a usb keyboard? If so, best bet is to get a ps2 keyboard as sometimes there are conflicts as to who controls the USB until windows is fully booted. If you can get into the bios, check to see who controls the USB. You want it controlled by the bios rather than windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom