I cant get rid of CHKUPD error messege

hi not trying to be rude....just asking if you have dealt with this problem before..Ofcourse I appreciate your help..will follow your instructions and get back to you asap.

Fair enough - it's hard to interpret text sometimes, so I assumed it was being directed in a negative fashion. Sorry about that, my fault.

Hmm read this link and look near the bottom.
What is chkupd? | Windows Secrets Lounge
Link is broken - at least for me.

Check add and remove programs in control panel and see if may come up.

If not view this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibhL1tUQUuI

If you need 1on1 help I'll assist you privately if necesary.

Don't need CCleaner to do this - can check on it right through Task Scheduler, which I told OP to check.

Fair enough - it's hard to interpret text sometimes, so I assumed it was being directed in a negative fashion. Sorry about that, my fault.
Link is broken - at least for me.

Its active if you can't get it to open don't worry about it. :/

Most likely the firewall at where I work then. Figured I'd make notice of it just in case it wasn't just that.

Why don't we just wait for the op to respond, in the meantime if your that interested in the link verify that link when you get home.
Otherwise don't worry about it like I mention awhile back.

apologies for the delay..i guess I must be the only person with a CHKUPD from hell because NONE of the below solutions were able to resolve this nasty popup
1) No free file viewer found in Task Schedualer or under Program Files (x86)
2) I deleted any and all Daemon tools associated progs already
3) I watched the youtube clip about CC Cleaner but I found nothing resembling "ProgramUpdateCheck Trusted Software ApS C:\Program Files (x86)\File Type Assistant\TSAssist.exe /chkupd) ".

Try checking Event Viewer (check in both the System and Applications sections) to see if there's any hint at what could be popping it up.

If you have to, just reboot your computer so it pops up and then look at times around startup before/after it pops up.

Also, you never posted a HiJackThis log for me to take a look at.

guys-
event log had some errors but nothing serious...is there no other way to figure out how to get rid of this ? I cant be the only person with this error messege..is there no specific tool I can use to detect CHKUPD ?

rgrds

Still waiting for HiJackThis log to look over: HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

No there's no specific utility or tool for this, which is why we're having you look through so many things. Welcome to the world of PC troubleshooting ;).

You can see if you can find it using Process Explorer or ProcMon Sysinternals utilities:
Process Explorer
Process Monitor

Just make sure you have the "open with chkupd" box open while running the utilities.

Back
Top Bottom