Huge Problem (transparent Files)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BottomlessJack1

Solid State Member
Okay here's everything I can give you from what I know...

I was using my computer, a Dell Dimension E521 with Windows Vista...I downloaded a new DVD player software because mine SUCKS. Anyway I scanned it for virus' and one was found so I deleted it rather than unzipping it.

This was done yesterday...

Ever since then half of the programs and folders in my C drive appear transparent and will not open giving me "Access is denied" signs on the screen.

Also now when I open documents, a ghost transparent copy of the same document is created on it's own and disappears/deletes itself when I close the original document.

This is causing me huge problems because it isn't allowing my Drive E to write on blank discs at the moment.

I use AVG as my anti virus software, so It's not the Norton ghost causing these issues.

Can anyone pleas ehelp me get rid of this entire ghost and transparent stuff!

PLEASE HELP ME!

Okay here's everything I can give you from what I know...

I was using my computer, a Dell Dimension E521 with Windows Vista...I downloaded a new DVD player software because mine SUCKS. Anyway I scanned it for virus' and one was found so I deleted it rather than unzipping it.

This was done yesterday...

Ever since then half of the programs and folders in my C drive appear transparent and will not open giving me "Access is denied" signs on the screen.

Also now when I open documents, a ghost transparent copy of the same document is created on it's own and disappears/deletes itself when I close the original document.

This is causing me huge problems because it isn't allowing my Drive E to write on blank discs at the moment.

I use AVG as my anti virus software, so It's not the Norton ghost causing these issues.

Can anyone pleas ehelp me get rid of this entire ghost and transparent stuff!

PLEASE HELP ME!

post a hijackthis log.... and tell me what u downloaded... so i may try it out, on "my new screw me up with a virus pc" its a 800mhz P3 with 512mb.. not bad find :)

It won;t let me download HJT to my C drive, it says Access is denied and says I have to get permission from the administrator. Then it redirects me to the Users/Owner folder and it downloads the HJT zipped file there. I try to unzip it in Drive C again but it still says access is denied.

This is one of the few cases where I would first say system resore, you need access to your system. which virus removal program did you use(Im assuming AVG).

Im not sure how vista works, but a virus scan picks up on unrecnonized code as well at times, vista has some extra stuff installed, your antivirus program has to be updated to meat this, agian Im gusing based on what I read, I think your anti virus program deleated stuff it should not have.

Vista by defualt sets a backup partition, only for files on your main.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom