how do i restore my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miker296

Solid State Member
i've got some stupid virus on here and it keeps comin up with spyware ads and stuff. And norton wont detect it. How do i do the system restore to make it like it was when i got the computer? i"m not worried about saving anything, i just want the spyware crap gone and i need it gone now because its interfering with work on the computer...took forever just to get here.

But the one for windows xp isnt very helpful...i restored it to last week and it says "nothing was changed on your computer" so what do i do?

thanks
mike

First of all, Norton Antivirus is just plain garbage. It's the reason the computer is acting slow.

If you have spyware, complete Warez Monster's 5-step spyware removeal guide located in this section.

well i dont doubt that norton isnt that great, but i've had it on this computer for 3 years or so and its never really made the computer slow down. And its not now either, but the spyware crud just keeps coming up. So i think it would be easier if i just restored the computer tho i forgot how they had me do it last time (i called sony since its a vaio computer and they've walked me thru it a couple times...but its like 20 bucks i think). But both times i've restored the comp back to the day i got it its been perfect (not to meantion it deleted all the other junk i never use) so i would like to do it again...but i can never do it thru the windows restore thing where it makes you make recovery disks..

so anyone know how to restore it?

do you have ventrilo? I can walk you threw it if you want

If you don't it goes something like this (its been over a year since I did a vaio so bare with me)

Start, all programs, sony/vaio recovery. Look for and select advanced and select destructive recovery. You should get a warning that all of your user data will be lost (and it will be) follow the onscreen instructions and you should be fine

you need to disable system restore as viruses and spyware infect that also. disable it, go thru my guide and post a hijackthis log

ok so i did the complete c drive restore (to factory sealed..whatever it was). And i saved everything i wanted to keep in the D drive because it said it wouldnt erase anything in there. I deleted everything else out of there that i didnt want.

As of right now its still isntalling all those programs that the system came with, but i guess the internet is still up.

Anyways, i got on checked my email, and came here, and when i got here it came up with some "critical error" thing...it looked like another adware thing or whatever so i just closed it and figured that it came up cuz i dont currently have anything installed yet.

But my question now is...are all those programs that you say to download free, warez monster??

As i'm typing now, another one just came up so i obviously havent fixed the problem yet.

yes they are free exept ewido buts it completey useable even after the 15 day trial period but after the trial period, you cant get updates

ok thanks...so all those combined should be much better than stupid norton antivirus right? What do i do with norton once i get those? Will i have to uninstall it or whatever? (every time we restore the computer, we get another 3 month trial of norton lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom