how do I get help removing what I think is a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbr4tdy

Baseband Member
I am trying to download avg free and it tells me that there is incompatible software named CF746002-94FB-101B-8C12-02608C454BFF It wants me to go to add/remove hardware and it is not there. I have searched and it is nowhere on my computer. Can anyone help me please???

Normally I would suggest Osiris' Spyware Guide but it appears the site is inaccessible at this time. What do you have for an AV program already in place ? You will have to remove your already existing AV program in order to install AVG. You should never have two AV's on the same system because they will conflict with each other.

Run ComboFix, Malwarebytes AntiMalware then HiJack This and post the log in the Analyze area. ComboFix only runs on XP/Vista.

so I got a lot of answers most of which I did not understand. I do not that I know of have an AV installed - there was one that was not working (obviously and i uninstalled it and am trying to install AVG and it won't install because of this other program it runs into)
I need bullet points - in crayon -

okay so I looked at my programs list and I have spam Subtract, Belarc Advisor, Web Root, and AVG Linkscanner - should these stay or go?

the only thin it tells me is CF746002-94FB-101B-8C12-02608C454BFF. The only place I can find this is on search engines eg google and I get a bunch of virus information but none of it I understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom