how do i disable "norton recycle bin protection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you can't find it that means you do not have norton recycle protection. what makes you think you had it to begin with? It maight be that they removed it from the 2004 version

i have a problem with my external hard drive, it is a USB western digital media centre.

the problem is when i turn of the button in front, if i disable the usb by doing the "safely remove hardware" followed by hittng the on/off button on the hard drive, it says that there are program(s) accessing the drive or something like that, and do i want to continue.

if i do not do the "safely remove hardwate", and hit the buttn, it does not say there are programs accessing the drive.

when i looked at the WD support, they cited the norton protection recycle bin being enabled as a reason. that is why i strted looking at the norton recycle bin protection

Does your recycle bin actually say "Nortons protected recycle bin"under the icon. As far Is I know recycle bin protection only comes with Nortons Utilities or Nortons system works. If you have neather then you don't have a nortons protected recycle bin.

nope it just says "recycle bin"
does that mean it is just a plain old recycle bin? not the fancy norton thing?

that takes us back to the original problem with the hard disk, do you know what the problem and its solution is? maybe this post needs to be shifted to the hardware section

rookie1010 said:
how do i disable "norton recycle bin protection"
i tried right clicking the recyle bin for the tab, but it did not come up with anything. I am using NAV2004
The original question was about disabling the Norton Recycle Bin protection, but I see you other question.

You may want to start a new thread in the hardware section about the problem with your external hard drive.

If you do, let me know and I'll close this thread.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom