How to detect keylogger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel2007

In Runtime
Do you know where I can find a software to detect any keylogger running on my system?
I also want to know that if my OS XP is a legal copy. I have run WGA. I don't believe it. I think that the OS XP has been cracked. Do you know an additional program can check it?
Thank you.

Run thru Osiris's Guide. That will help you get your system clean. there is a link in my signature and also a sticky thread posted about it as well.

As for Windows being legit, go to Microsoft.com and try to download any software that requires verification. If you can download that means it is legit. Can also check out their site for pirated software. They have stuff there on how to check your system.

I have run WGA. It says legit. I don't believe it because there is a crack can make it's legit.

Yes. I know this. But at the same time without seeing the crack put on yourself or checking for the crack being installed to a folder somewhere you will have to wait for WGA to be updated to see if you still pass it. At this point in time the only thing you could do, is get something like Magic Jelly Bean and call Microsoft yourself and ask.

The only real test out there is WGA. Passing Microsoft's own test is the only way we can say yes or no the system is legit. There is no way we can tell you for sure that a crack was applied cause if that was the case the cracks would be no good since they would be detected so easily. the point behind them is to not be detected.

So if you pass WGA at this time there is nothing more that can be said or done. That is the ultimate test. At the point in time when WGA updates and you dont pass it at that time, then you will know for sure that a crack was applied and you can take action.

But till then there are no detection tools that i have seen other than WGA to test for the legitness of a Windows OS.

I have run malwarebytes. It found 0. I also ran Avira AntiVir Free, it found 0.
I read that: A keylogger installed by an admin (the person who built the computer) is not going to show up as a virus? Not sure what does it mean?

That is not true. Keyloggers no matter who installed them will be detected by some sort of software. Even if it was installed by the person who built the machine or a Admin.

Honestly if you have this much reservation about the machine that someone built for you, format and reinstall Windows.

It will get rid of any keyloggers you have, and you can use the serial that you find with the program i said above and find out for sure if the serial is legit or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom