HiJack Virus: Relevant Knowledge HELP!

Flitchit

Banned
Hi, I have a problem with Internet Explorer, i try to search something on google, click on the result i want (or any result) and it redirects me to a random website. I am using chrome as a temp solution. the virus otr whatever is called Relevant Knowledge. I've tried to remove it but it wont work. Help Please!

How to Remove Relevant Knowledge Spyware Free | eHow.com

That one sounds fairly easy. Follow those instructions. Once you have finished, Boot into safe mode with networking and download rkill and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version). First run rkill, and then run MBAM (have it update) and do a full scan. Have it fix any problems it finds.

Once you have finished that check and make sure you are good to go. If you are, great. If not then we will guide you through a more thorough process.

Run through the guide on Spyware Asylum and then post back your results.

Relevant Knowledge looks to be a rather simple fix, Jo.

I looked it up and saw the Malwarebytes fix, but I kinda leaned to "it's better to get everything checked at the same time" than "having this issue fixed...then another 1 similar may come around or show up after" lol.

I will try rkill, but I already have latest version of Malwarebytes and it says no threats or whatever. will post if rkill works, thanks!

rkill didn't work, any other solutions?

Combofix, Jo's link has a link to it :p

Also, make sure you update Malwarebytes before you do the scan, and do a full scan not a quick one.

Do this in Safe Mode. The crapware shouldnt even startup and allow you to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom