Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilgoku

Solid State Member
Ok, im running in safe mode(with networking) to type this out(so dont ask how im posting). What happend was that i stupidly opened up a file from a trusted friend, that he assured me was a game he was working on. What then happend was as soon as i opened it, my computer restarted!! This wasn't horrible, i just figured i had a memory problem and it crashed..but when i finally got back into the desktop everything seemed fine, but within a few seconds of first seeing the desktop my computer restarted again. I tried restarting it several times, including leaving it off for several hours. I even ran a antivirus, and spyware/malware. Nothing fixed it! The only info i have on the virus is that it only restarts my computer when the internet is on, when the modem is off all is fine, when i turn it on my comp restarts.(and i know its not my internet, because im in it now on safe mode..) Please Help!

i will assume win xp
click stsrt,
then run
type msconfig
enter or click ok
click the STARTUP tab DO NOT I REEAT DO NOT CLICK SERVICES
unselect anything that looks weird , use google to google what you do not know, or unselect all ,,,, then reboot

...or you could do a system restore.

so this friend, did you ask him what he sent you ?

I did your guide, and it still restarts!! Ugh. I even tried to do a system restore, but it says its incomplete and doesnt restore :(. please guys, help :'(

Please, help, i tried to do a system restore but i couldnt(says it couldnt return to that point and that nothing has changed). Can nobody help me?(i dont have a win xp disk, so i cant reformat) :(

I tried running from last known good config, but nothing changed..it loaded like it would in regular mode and the virus still shuts me down when i turn on my modem. I guess nobody can help me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom